Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Parent Information – this is the “Parent Information” section within the CDC.gov site that is a valuable resource for a holistic set of resources for parents and caregivers.
- This page also has resources broken down by age group such as: Infants and Toddlers (Ages 0 to 3) and Children (Ages 4 -11). If you click on one of these and navigate through the pages it will take you to the CDC’s Development Milestone page that breaks down the important milestones by age for:
- Social and Emotional
- Language and Communication and
- Movement/Physical Development
**On the bottom right hand corner of this page you will find a pdf “Milestone Checklist” in both English and Spanish. Please print his out since it gives you detailed instructions on “What You Can Do” to help with these development milestones.
21st Century Skills Resources
- World Economic Forum: The Fourth Industrial Revolution
- World Economic Forum: 21st Century Skills
- Cognitive, Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Competencies
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, Medicine: Assessing 21st Century Skills
- Oxford University Press: How to Prepare Students for Jobs in The 21st Century
- The Skills That Matter: Teaching Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Skills Competencies in Any Classroom